Kigarama Wilderness Lodge is an Eco-founded lodge with a visible objective of scaling up sustainable or responsible and inclusive accommodation services in the tourism sector. We hope to achieve this through implementation of the following:
- Minimizing the environmental impact and managing the immensity of carbon footprint through usage of alternative sources of energy such as solar and bio-gas energy.
- Reducing the consumption of natural resources in daily operations, including water, paper and energy.
- Monitoring and managing our environmental performance and working towards targets set to reduce adverse impacts.
- Setting up an organic garden to encourage planting and growth of our own vegetable source and as a result increase availability of fresh produce at the lodge.
- Minimizing excessive usage of water through creating a save water campaign because every water drop counts.
- Maximizing the recycling of resources thus reducing on single usage of plastic.
- Communicating all relevant responsible environmental practices and sustainability information to all staff, clients, contractors and the wider community.